Skip to main content

Cozy Comfy Dress

I wanted to escape the chill in the slowly approaching cold weather with a cozy outfit. I knew exactly what dress I was going to wear. 
Suuuuuuper comfy dress + Goodwill = $1.23 (my kinda price tag!)
However, this needed a little update. The dress weighed me down, literally and figuratively, so I chopped off some length at the bottom, and a bit on the sleeves. I was so excited to keep working on this dress so I could wear it! It was a thick fabric. Just the right thing to keep me warm.


Snippity Snip!

It was still too much fabric so I took in the sides of the dress. Unfortunately, I had to lose the pockets. That made me sad, but I got over it.
But, it fits much better, and did I mention, its soooo comfy!




I expected a little more style from Eddie. Oh well, I'll take care of that!




It had cute buttons, and the material is the softest heavy knit ever!
However, the neckline was too stifling, so I cut it off and sewed a new neck.
Say "cheese"!

Posing in the beautiful library.



Perfect for a chilly day.

Comments

  1. I love your blog. Found it after reading all about the aprons through cassie stephens! SO not how I should be spending my planning period OOPS!

    Do you read the Refashionista's blog? I feel like you're before pictures remind me of hers and both of you do great stuff with thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Claire! I have seen the refashionista blog and I love it! She is one of the people that inspired me to blog! Along with Cassie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa's sew along with Cassie Part II

I continued to sew the pockets for each side, and I had a beautiful red and white scarf from Grams that I thought would be perfect for the neck.  One side. And, the other. I put the scarf in the middle of the two sides. (RSF)       Hi Scarf! Then I pinned it down, so just the bottom of the scarf was sticking out the top. The scarf was safely tucked inside. I did the same thing to add the grossgrain ribbon for the ties on the side. I flipped it right side out, and sewed the bottom together. One side.   And, The other!   Detail of the ribbon. Mixing those patterns! Hanging on my office door, ready to go!    

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!