Skip to main content

Quite Possibly My Greatest Challenge!

This beautiful princess dress from the 80's goes well with my messy kitchen.
I bought it for $6.00 at my local thrift store. It is more than I usually spend on something I didn't quite know what to do with, but I bought it anyway.

Bows, lace and blue satin! YES!



I picked apart the entire dress to see if it would inspire me.

That's a whole lotta fabric!


The sleeves themselves could have been another dress! OY!


I have a raglan sleeve t-shirt pattern that inspired me.


With all that sleeve fabric, it wasn't long enough, so I had to add some to the bottom.




I've also had this lion fabric for a while waiting for the perfect project, and this was it!
Can you tell what I'm using it for?




Pin, sew, repeat.


I attached a zipper, some navy knit fabric for the collar, cuffs and hem band. 

I MADE A BOMBER JACKET Y'ALL!
This is quite possibly my greatest challenge, and the one thing I'm so proud of myself for!




















Lion fabric lining, and a bow topped inside pocket!!!!!!!!


I wore it out to dinner, and to the Speedway with my fam 
to watch a good friend race his car!




Please tell me what you think!
I can't wait to wear it again!

See you next time!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa's sew along with Cassie Part II

I continued to sew the pockets for each side, and I had a beautiful red and white scarf from Grams that I thought would be perfect for the neck.  One side. And, the other. I put the scarf in the middle of the two sides. (RSF)       Hi Scarf! Then I pinned it down, so just the bottom of the scarf was sticking out the top. The scarf was safely tucked inside. I did the same thing to add the grossgrain ribbon for the ties on the side. I flipped it right side out, and sewed the bottom together. One side.   And, The other!   Detail of the ribbon. Mixing those patterns! Hanging on my office door, ready to go!    

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!