Skip to main content

New Makes In the Past Few Months

I haven't stopped making things these last few months. I've just slacked on the blogging.
I will show you all the things I've made, and do a quick wrap up of all the stuffs!
It's like crafting Cliffs Notes. HA!


I made this vest with some vintage wool from Paris I scored at an estate sale.
 (There was a tag that said Paris, France)
Easy sew, but time consuming fringe around the edges. That has to be done by hand. 
Super cute, and I'll probably make another vest in a different fabric.


My daughter and I made some "Forever Cacti" with felt, rocks, paint, and some creativity.
Fun afternoon!



My daughter's classroom Valentines were fun to do!
A photo, a hole punch, and some suckers!





I made some killer pants with some fabric at that same estate sale.
I used the Paperboy Pants Pattern by Wardrobe by Me. 
https://wardrobebyme.com/collections/wardrobe-by-me-pants-and-skirts-pdf-pattern-collection/products/paperboy-pleated-pants 




I spiffed up our bathroom with some paint and peel and stick tile!



It took me 3 hours, but it was well worth it!


Sally the Cat and I glued on an embroidered patch to some old jeans.



This took over an hour to glue. 
Glue and squeeze was my entire life for that hour.




Makers gonna make, so I'll be back with more!

See you next time!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!

Studio Trashed to Re-Fashed

I am so grateful to have this amazing space in my basement to create, sew, paint, nap ( Ha! Nap! Wishful thinking), whatever my heart desires, but it has become overwhelmed with STUFF!  All stuff I need mind you...but I think it might be time for a studio-refashion! Look at this mess! More mess.   I have a chandelier in my studio,  thanks to my Sister- in-Law and Bro-in-Law  updating their dining room. Recycle all the way baby!   I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of art....there's worse things for sure! My In-Laws had their kitchen upgraded, and they had a few extra cabinets left over.  They are super awesome, and let me have them for my studio! Wahoo! STORAGE!!!!   The hubs and I hung them up over spring break. That was hilarious because neither of us really knew what to do. We did it though! And no fighting believe it or not!  A little rearranging. A bit of organization, and Voila! Still messy, but a huge improvement! See you