Skip to main content

Vacay T-shirt and Shirt Dress Refash

Got a plain black T? Make it fancy by embroidering some letters or pictures on it!


I picked my word: RESFEBER
Definition: The restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins.
We are planning a summer trip, and I'm gearing up for just a carry on for the plane! 
No time for baggage claim! 
But I gotta be stylish ya know?

I measured out how big I wanted the letters to be and 
sectioned them off in equal parts with some chalk.


Let the stitching begin!

I did a basic chain stitch for all the letters. 
This is when the thread is doubled and you stitch up through the middle 
of the previous stitch creating a "chain" look.






I'm ready to go! I really like the way the v-neck highlights the placement of the word.
The white embroidery thread adds a nice contrast, but you could do all the colors!


 Next up: Craft Party
I try to get my friends to craft with me a couple times a year. I don't even have to bribe them with food or drinks!
We are making lavender filled sleep masks this time!
This year I won a margarita party from a local amazing Mexican restaurant! You should go! www.taxcorestaurant.com This is not a paid advertisement. I just really like this place!!!!
My marg party came complete with some snacks to share! It was simply amazing and just so wonderful that I could share all the deliciousness with friends!







I needed an outfit to wear to said craft party, and I had an idea for a shirt dress. 
I found these two beauties below in the men's section of the thrift sore and brought them home, washed 'em and started cutting 'em up!


Chopped in half.
Picked off the pocket of one, and placed it on the other.
Rolled up the sleeved and hemmed.
Sewed them both together.
Made a sash.
DONE!



Denim and leather twinning!


Super cute and comfy!

See you next time!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!

Studio Trashed to Re-Fashed

I am so grateful to have this amazing space in my basement to create, sew, paint, nap ( Ha! Nap! Wishful thinking), whatever my heart desires, but it has become overwhelmed with STUFF!  All stuff I need mind you...but I think it might be time for a studio-refashion! Look at this mess! More mess.   I have a chandelier in my studio,  thanks to my Sister- in-Law and Bro-in-Law  updating their dining room. Recycle all the way baby!   I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of art....there's worse things for sure! My In-Laws had their kitchen upgraded, and they had a few extra cabinets left over.  They are super awesome, and let me have them for my studio! Wahoo! STORAGE!!!!   The hubs and I hung them up over spring break. That was hilarious because neither of us really knew what to do. We did it though! And no fighting believe it or not!  A little rearranging. A bit of organization, and Voila! Still messy, but a huge improvement! See you