Skip to main content

I'm Sorry for What I Said When I was Hungry


I get Hangry. 
Hungry + Angry= Hangry.
It was the perfect shirt for me.

My hubs gifted me the T-shirt as a Mother's Day gift. 
I love it, but I thought I would  jazz it up a bit.



I had some random knit fabric in my stash and decided to
 cut some sleeves from a free T-Shirt pattern I found on the "interwebs".
I thought the stripes would add a fun contrast.

Next... OFF WITH THE COLLAR!


Stripey collar instead! 

I layed it all out together and I was pleased with how it was all going to look.

I enjoyed a coffee beverage and binged watched my favorite-show-of the moment
 while I seam ripped those sleeves right off!


Buh-bye old sleeves.

I sewed it all back together with the new striped sleeves and collar. 

NOW I'm ready for LUNCH!!!

So cool!





Its a fun way to make your clothes your own.

Let me know if you alter some t-shirts too!

See you next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisa's sew along with Cassie Part II

I continued to sew the pockets for each side, and I had a beautiful red and white scarf from Grams that I thought would be perfect for the neck.  One side. And, the other. I put the scarf in the middle of the two sides. (RSF)       Hi Scarf! Then I pinned it down, so just the bottom of the scarf was sticking out the top. The scarf was safely tucked inside. I did the same thing to add the grossgrain ribbon for the ties on the side. I flipped it right side out, and sewed the bottom together. One side.   And, The other!   Detail of the ribbon. Mixing those patterns! Hanging on my office door, ready to go!    

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!