I took it off and put this dress on inside out.
I had some tailor's chalk and marked my natural waist and the areas
where it was too big under my arms.
I took the dress in where it was too big, and cut off the excess.
Then, I took a piece of elastic and measured tightly around my waist, and sewed the ends together.
Not too tight. Just comfortable enough to be able wear all day.
I put the elastic around the waist of the dress. (The dress is inside out) I pinned the elastic along my natural waist chalk line. Keep the elastic nice and even.
I sewed the top and bottom of the elastic using a zig-zag stitch and stretching the elastic as I sewed.
I flipped the dress right side out, and It looks like this!
This dress needed a little extra flair, and I had some trim in my drawer of scraps. So, I sewed this black and silver sparkly trim to the neckline. It was a perfect addition to this little black dress.
This dress was ready for the first day of school meetings!
SO MUCH BETTER!
See you next time!