Monday, July 14, 2014

Pretty in Pink!

OK, Here's my latest refashion. This pink floral dress was $1.23, just a bit too big, and pretty much shapeless.
It had pockets, and a cool print, so I took it in from the back. I sewed down the back taking it in a couple inches.

Sew, sew, sew.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't going to work, so I had to ditch the pockets and take it in more on the sides. I snipped out the pockets to possibly use them on something else.

Bye pockets! (see ya later!)

I then, snipped off the straps, and decided to make it a halter to tie behind my neck.
I sewed the straps in a "V" shape to the front and center of the dress.

Sew the straps...

It was too long, so I took off some length, and hemmed it all up.
SNIP!

I love this summery print!

Here's a close-up of the neck.

All done!

I was checking to see if the timer was working, and I guess I moved too soon! 

Pretty in Pink!