Here's another thrifty find. This tunic was soft, and comfortable, but reminiscent of a 1950's slumber party.
A bit nightgown-y.
I look like I just woke up.
Trying to take these pictures by myself is becoming a challenge. I'll have to work on that!
I knew I wanted this to be a dress, but I didn't like the length very much.
(Furry cat feet pointing o the extra fabric.)
The collar was too stifling, and it wasn't flattering the way I had envisioned.
OFF WITH YOUR HEAD! Uh...I mean collar!
Hem it up!
I picked off those sleeves, and gave 'em a trim, shortened, and took in the shoulders, and re-attached the sleeves. That was a bit more work than I wanted, but I knew this had a cute frock inside it somewhere.
The sleeves were still longer than I wanted.
Snip Snip, and trim off some more!
I just need to hem up those sleeves.
I hemmed those sleeves, but it still wasn't working....
My husband Kenny said it might be a bust, but he knows... I MUST CARRY ON!
So I dyed it green.
I thought if I deepened the color it would look less like a night/hospital gown.
I threw on a belt and shoes, and we went out for breakfast!
Much improved shirtdress!