Skip to main content

Hi! And Welcome to the blog!

My Name is Lisa and I am a Mom, teacher, artist, crafter, foodie, and I like to paint, draw and sew. I'm so glad you are taking a look at my blog. It's a new experience for me, and it think this will be a fun and exciting journey through the arts and food? ....and who doesn't love arts and food?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Vacay T-shirt and Shirt Dress Refash

Got a plain black T? Make it fancy by embroidering some letters or pictures on it! I picked my word: RESFEBER Definition:  The restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins. We are planning a summer trip, and I'm gearing up for just a carry on for the plane!  No time for baggage claim!  But I gotta be stylish ya know? I measured out how big I wanted the letters to be and  sectioned them off in equal parts with some chalk. Let the stitching begin! I did a basic chain stitch for all the letters.  This is when the thread is doubled and you stitch up through the middle  of the previous stitch creating a "chain" look. I'm ready to go! I really like the way the v-neck highlights the placement of the word. The white embroidery thread adds a nice contrast, but you could do all the colors!  Next up: Craft Party I try to get my friends to craft with me a couple times a year. I don't...

That's Cray!

 The first day of school is upon us....errr...me, and I needed a shirt that said "'I'm cool, artsy, and nerdy" all at the same time. I though about it for a while and came up with an idea.  I had some of this leftover fabric from an art teachery dress that I made, and it sparked an idea. Cute fabric right? I scored a black T-shirt from the thrift store for $2.00! It seemed never worn, and no fading!                                                          I love soft T-shirts! I also had these iron on letters left over from a project from years ago....yes, I still had them cuz' ya never know! Letters, fabric, T-shirts, OH MY! I ironed on my cool, nerdy, artsy saying and figured out where I wanted the fabric to go Oh Yeah! I decided on only one shoulder(because that's different, and crazy!), and a stri...