Skip to main content

100 Days of school!

My daughter's pre-school celebrated the 100th day of school this week. They were each asked to bring in a baggie of 100 pieces of "something". Cheerios, feathers, cottonballs...etc. We decided on popcorn kernels. 100 kernels looks like a lot less than you might think. We counted them out by 10's and we dropped em' in a bag. 10, 20, 30, 40....

I wanted her to have something fun to wear for the 100th day of school to go along with their 100 day theme party.

Olivia already had this shirt in her closet. It fit, but it was a little bit too short.
Hand on hip, ready for her "before" pic.

I have this amazing pink silky satiny fabric from Grams, and I cut off about 5 inches.
I cut a piece about 4 or 5 inches wider than the bottom of the shirt.

I connected to sides of the pink fabric and sewed that up, then turned the pink fabric inside out against the bottom of the shirt. I stretched the shirt and pinned, as I stretched.

Sew it all up and flip it down to expose the correct side of the fabric.

Ta Da!

It creates a bit of a ruffle at the bottom.

I've had these iron on letters from some previous projects,
 and I decided to use them for the school party!

Various sizes, colors, and fonts.
I Iron-ed on for about an hour and a half way too late at night.

I didn't have to purchase anything!
  This has been a great and fun refashion!

This is the front.

This is the back.

This is the sleeve.

"Do you like it honey?" I asked her. And she said "I love it Momma!"

That was the best present a mom could ask for!
Unfortunately, Friday morning was a blur and I didn't take an "after pic" 
Olivia loved it, her teachers and classmates loved it, and it was a success!

See you next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Quite Possibly My Greatest Challenge!

This beautiful princess dress from the 80's goes well with my messy kitchen. I bought it for $6.00 at my local thrift store. It is more than I usually spend on something I didn't quite know what to do with, but I bought it anyway.
Bows, lace and blue satin! YES!

I picked apart the entire dress to see if it would inspire me.
That's a whole lotta fabric!

The sleeves themselves could have been another dress! OY!

I have a raglan sleeve t-shirt pattern that inspired me.

With all that sleeve fabric, it wasn't long enough, so I had to add some to the bottom.

I've also had this lion fabric for a while waiting for the perfect project, and this was it! Can you tell what I'm using it for?

Pin, sew, repeat.

I attached a zipper, some navy knit fabric for the collar, cuffs and hem band. 
I MADE A BOMBER JACKET Y'ALL! This is quite possibly my greate

New Makes In the Past Few Months

I haven't stopped making things these last few months. I've just slacked on the blogging. I will show you all the things I've made, and do a quick wrap up of all the stuffs! It's like crafting Cliffs Notes. HA!

I made this vest with some vintage wool from Paris I scored at an estate sale.  (There was a tag that said Paris, France) Easy sew, but time consuming fringe around the edges. That has to be done by hand.  Super cute, and I'll probably make another vest in a different fabric.

My daughter and I made some "Forever Cacti" with felt, rocks, paint, and some creativity. Fun afternoon!

My daughter's classroom Valentines were fun to do! A photo, a hole punch, and some suckers!

I made some killer pants with some fabric at that same estate sale. I used the Paperboy Pants Pattern by Wardrobe by Me. 

I spiffed up our bathroom with s…

Velour Housedress Refash

The house-dress of all house-dresses! Velour, long, comfy, all the things right?!
It is a fantastic thrift store find, but I'm not quite ready to be catapulted into my 80's lounging in a velour housedress....well maybe I am. BUT NOT TODAY!

This pretty royal house-dress is getting a great big snip right at the bottom!

I made a pattern that was 14"x 18".  Then I rounded the corners to create the shape I wanted.

I picked off that ruffle collar, and picked out the zipper.

I had this really cool boat fabric I picked up last summer at an estate sale. I'm turning the bottom of this house-dress into a soft and fuzzy backpack!

 cut out: 2 Velour, 2 Lining, 2 Interfacing
Interfacing ironed to the wrong side of the lining.

Bottom pieces. Velour, lining, and interfacing

My wonderful Aunt Esther gave me some suede a while back, and I thought now is as perfect a time as any to use it! I cut 2 strips 22 inches long, and tapered at the bottom.

I also bought parachute clips and …