Skip to main content

Guy and Ghouls Go Out to Dinner

     I ordered this awesome cat fabric,(Above)
 but I got this fabric by accident (below).  So, as any good online-shopper does, I sent it back to receive the correct one. But.....the cat fabric must have been labeled wrong in the warehouse, because I got this one... AGAIN! I took it as a sign, and just kept it. (Or maybe it was just laziness.)

I still might try to order that cat fabric again, 'cuz I lub it!

This one is pretty cool too! And perfect for Halloween!

Super cool close-up!
I had this tank top that I never wear. It has mini ruffles around the edges, and it sat dormant in my drawer for over a year.

I snipped the tank just below my waist. This will be the top part of my new ghoulish dress.

I used the skirt portion of a dress pattern I had, cut out the skirt and sewed the fabric to the tank top, hemmed it up, and voila!

I used the rest of the fabric to make an awesome dress for my girl. I found this free dress pattern from an amazing blogger called Its Always Autumn. I already had some red satin gifted to me from my grams that I used for the bottom of the dress. It worked out perfectly!
She wore a long sleeve top and leggings underneath. It's chilly here!!!

I also made a little pocket square for the hubby. 

I had this grand idea to all wear our matching outfits out to dinner.

So we did.....

I wore my outfit to work. A cardigan, scarf and red sash completed my look!

Strike a Pose!!

Patiently waiting to go out to dinner.
But then she got hangry.....

Once we all got some food, we could enjoy our 
Halloween-y (or is it, Halloweenie?) outfits.

See you next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Quite Possibly My Greatest Challenge!

This beautiful princess dress from the 80's goes well with my messy kitchen. I bought it for $6.00 at my local thrift store. It is more than I usually spend on something I didn't quite know what to do with, but I bought it anyway.
Bows, lace and blue satin! YES!

I picked apart the entire dress to see if it would inspire me.
That's a whole lotta fabric!

The sleeves themselves could have been another dress! OY!

I have a raglan sleeve t-shirt pattern that inspired me.

With all that sleeve fabric, it wasn't long enough, so I had to add some to the bottom.

I've also had this lion fabric for a while waiting for the perfect project, and this was it! Can you tell what I'm using it for?

Pin, sew, repeat.

I attached a zipper, some navy knit fabric for the collar, cuffs and hem band. 
I MADE A BOMBER JACKET Y'ALL! This is quite possibly my greate

Secret Agent to Spiffy Outerwear

Thrift store find.  It was linen.  That's all this really had going for it. My husband helped me out with my "before" pics right before I headed out to work out... ....well, that was a mouthful. 
YUCK! This linen sits weird. This linen looks weird. It's just YUCK!

It needed a good snip, so that's what I gave it! I cut it right above the pockets. I cut the sleeves to a 3/4 sleeve length too. 

Snippy Snip!

That's really all I did. Then I washed it....... A HA!!!!!!
After I washed it, the jacket frayed at the edges from where I gave it a snip.  I LOVED it!!!!
I decided I wanted to change the color of my new jacket somehow. But, how? What dye should I use? What color will be nice?  There were so many decisions to consider. I decided that the jacket screamed to be a light wash denim look.
GRAB THE BLEACH!!!! Ok...It wasnt the light wash denim look....but...
Low and behold it sorta turned ORANGEY!!! I love it even MORE!!!
I sewed a straight stitch above each…

Velour Housedress Refash

The house-dress of all house-dresses! Velour, long, comfy, all the things right?!
It is a fantastic thrift store find, but I'm not quite ready to be catapulted into my 80's lounging in a velour housedress....well maybe I am. BUT NOT TODAY!

This pretty royal house-dress is getting a great big snip right at the bottom!

I made a pattern that was 14"x 18".  Then I rounded the corners to create the shape I wanted.

I picked off that ruffle collar, and picked out the zipper.

I had this really cool boat fabric I picked up last summer at an estate sale. I'm turning the bottom of this house-dress into a soft and fuzzy backpack!

 cut out: 2 Velour, 2 Lining, 2 Interfacing
Interfacing ironed to the wrong side of the lining.

Bottom pieces. Velour, lining, and interfacing

My wonderful Aunt Esther gave me some suede a while back, and I thought now is as perfect a time as any to use it! I cut 2 strips 22 inches long, and tapered at the bottom.

I also bought parachute clips and …