Skip to main content

Button Bunny Plushie

On my daughter's holiday gift list, she put down "Button Bunny"...well actually it said "butin buny."
I had absolutely no idea what that was,  but I was willing to give it a try. 

I had some of this colorful plaid and fuzzy-minky fur in my fabric stash that would be perfect for a stuffed animal.
I made my girl a bear last year, 
but it looked more like a baby seal.

 She still sleeps with it every night though!!!

I vowed to make the body better on any other plushie I make.
 This one was most definitely shaped better.

Gingerbread man??? Starfish???

I cut 2 body shapes, 1 neck tie fabric, and 2 fur ear shapes and 2 plaid ear shapes.


I sewed  both of the fur and plaid ear shapes RSF, and turned them right side out like so.


I left the bottom of the ear open, so I could easily turn it right side out.


Then I pinned the ears sandwiched between 
the body pieces RSF.
I sewed up the edges of the body. Making sure to leave an opening for stuffing, and enough room to turn it right side out.


The bottom of the ears stuck out a bit like so...


Flipped it right side out!!!
Sally The Cat liked it too!


I sewed on some button eyes that my daughter unknowingly picked out, 
embroidered a little nose and mouth, stuffed him up,
 sewed it shut, and put on his neck tie.


Lookin' Good!


Oops! I forgot a bunny tail!!!

I took some scraps and wadded up a wee little tail to sew to the backside.


Awwww! So cute!



I hope she likes this one as much as the first!!!!


See you next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Quite Possibly My Greatest Challenge!

This beautiful princess dress from the 80's goes well with my messy kitchen. I bought it for $6.00 at my local thrift store. It is more than I usually spend on something I didn't quite know what to do with, but I bought it anyway.
Bows, lace and blue satin! YES!


I picked apart the entire dress to see if it would inspire me.
That's a whole lotta fabric!

The sleeves themselves could have been another dress! OY!

I have a raglan sleeve t-shirt pattern that inspired me.

With all that sleeve fabric, it wasn't long enough, so I had to add some to the bottom.



I've also had this lion fabric for a while waiting for the perfect project, and this was it! Can you tell what I'm using it for?



Pin, sew, repeat.

I attached a zipper, some navy knit fabric for the collar, cuffs and hem band. 
I MADE A BOMBER JACKET Y'ALL! This is quite possibly my greate

New Makes In the Past Few Months

I haven't stopped making things these last few months. I've just slacked on the blogging. I will show you all the things I've made, and do a quick wrap up of all the stuffs! It's like crafting Cliffs Notes. HA!

I made this vest with some vintage wool from Paris I scored at an estate sale.  (There was a tag that said Paris, France) Easy sew, but time consuming fringe around the edges. That has to be done by hand.  Super cute, and I'll probably make another vest in a different fabric.

My daughter and I made some "Forever Cacti" with felt, rocks, paint, and some creativity. Fun afternoon!


My daughter's classroom Valentines were fun to do! A photo, a hole punch, and some suckers!




I made some killer pants with some fabric at that same estate sale. I used the Paperboy Pants Pattern by Wardrobe by Me.  https://wardrobebyme.com/collections/wardrobe-by-me-pants-and-skirts-pdf-pattern-collection/products/paperboy-pleated-pants 



I spiffed up our bathroom with s…

Velour Housedress Refash

The house-dress of all house-dresses! Velour, long, comfy, all the things right?!
It is a fantastic thrift store find, but I'm not quite ready to be catapulted into my 80's lounging in a velour housedress....well maybe I am. BUT NOT TODAY!

This pretty royal house-dress is getting a great big snip right at the bottom!




I made a pattern that was 14"x 18".  Then I rounded the corners to create the shape I wanted.



I picked off that ruffle collar, and picked out the zipper.


I had this really cool boat fabric I picked up last summer at an estate sale. I'm turning the bottom of this house-dress into a soft and fuzzy backpack!

 cut out: 2 Velour, 2 Lining, 2 Interfacing
Interfacing ironed to the wrong side of the lining.

Bottom pieces. Velour, lining, and interfacing

My wonderful Aunt Esther gave me some suede a while back, and I thought now is as perfect a time as any to use it! I cut 2 strips 22 inches long, and tapered at the bottom.



I also bought parachute clips and …