Skip to main content

Did Ya Miss Me?

Did ya miss me???

I have been slacking in the blogging department, but I plan on keeping you updated with all the creations that have been going on this past month. It has been a busy few weeks!
My master's classess are in full swing, I flew out to L.A. for my brother's wedding, don't forget about Valentine's day, teaching full time , and being a wife and Momma!
WHEW!!!
Here's what I have been up to:

I'm doing that thing again again! That thing about not purchasing off the rack new clothes! Anything I need or my family needs we will find at the thrift store, or I will make it! There are 2 exceptions: Underwear (because no one wants used undies...ew.) and gifts.
I have done well so far, 2 trips to the thrift store since the new year. I have found some great items.
like this:

I have been hard at work snipping and working on this one.
 I hope to show you what I have accomplished soon.

I flew out to L.A. for my brother's wedding and I gave myself the challenge of making my dress! 

It is the same pattern I used for THIS dress.
 I went to the fabric store and used a gift card that I 
recieved for Christmas from my Mother-in-Law! She Rocks! 
My brother wanted people in solid colors including navy blue, so I found this great non-wrinkling fabric and bought a couple yards!

Here's how it turned out!
Selfie with the finished product in the cold weather... 

With my niece and nephew the day of the wedding in gorgeous 88 degree weather!

Pic with my other niece!
Isn't my family just gorgeous!!!

Picture Credit to my new friend Travis, that I met at the wedding. 

I flew home on Valentine's Day and I didn't get home until really late! 
Before I left, I made my kid a fun heart pillow from a blanket that I thrifted a while back.
 It was waiting for her when she woke up while I was gone.

She was much happier to receive this pillow I swear!


See you next time!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graduation Gown not just for Graduates Anymore

This discarded, and loved-no-more graduation gown was calling to me from the thrift store rack. It was perfect for this time of year when teachers say goodbye tearfully to some, and not-so-tearfully to others.  But we love them all anyway.  Heeeeey!  Over here!  Buy me and give me a new life!! So I did. Sally liked the dress much better once I picked off those sleeves! She thought it was a perfect resting spot. I chopped the bottom a bit, folded it twice because it was fray-fray-central, and I hemmed it all up.  I could use the chopped off bottom piece as a belt  or use an existing one.  Choices.... The dress is all white so this time, I decided to go with a darker brown belt,  and some metallic sandals. Congrats and good luck  to all the 2015 graduates!  I'm ready for the ceremony! See you next time!

Red Romper Red Romper

My beautiful daughter took this picture of this less than beautiful dress. I thrifted it for a few dollars a long while back. I picked apart the skirt andplaced a pants pattern in its place. Picked off the sleeves and cuffs. Whole lotta sleeves! Extra fabric to make a sash belt. I found the center of the cuffs and pinned it for reference. You will see what I do with them! Bias tape around the sleeves and attached the cuffs. Check out the sleeves! Its actually the cuffs! I love my new romper! See you next time!

Studio Trashed to Re-Fashed

I am so grateful to have this amazing space in my basement to create, sew, paint, nap ( Ha! Nap! Wishful thinking), whatever my heart desires, but it has become overwhelmed with STUFF!  All stuff I need mind you...but I think it might be time for a studio-refashion! Look at this mess! More mess.   I have a chandelier in my studio,  thanks to my Sister- in-Law and Bro-in-Law  updating their dining room. Recycle all the way baby!   I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of art....there's worse things for sure! My In-Laws had their kitchen upgraded, and they had a few extra cabinets left over.  They are super awesome, and let me have them for my studio! Wahoo! STORAGE!!!!   The hubs and I hung them up over spring break. That was hilarious because neither of us really knew what to do. We did it though! And no fighting believe it or not!  A little rearranging. A bit of organization, and Voila! Still messy, but a huge improvement! See you