Thursday, April 21, 2016

1885 Meets 1985 Meets 2016


Ok, seriously, does this dress scream 1980's or 1880's. I'm confused.
I took it upon myself to try to liberate the fashion buried beneath this horrific piece of clothing.

I know I'm a school teacher, but I think this is going too far...

Not having a successful "before" picture moment.
You get the idea. 
Sally the cat was listening attentively.
 Maybe this school-marm dress was working?

Nah.

I said listen up students!

I've lost my head with this dress. (Get it?)

Out came the shoulder pads first!
Those things are huge! I might make somethin' outta those!


Next, I had to pick off that delicate neck-lace.


Ick!



I then, picked off those sleeves, and chopped just a wee bit from the bottom.


Sally of course, had to supervise.
MEOW!


I cut off a considerable chunk at the top of the sleeves and reattached them. I did NOT want those poofy ruffles!


I also chopped off the wrists, turned the hem and sewed an elbow length sleeve.

I turned the button up collar to a simple V-neck.


I turned the bottom hem up twice, and sewed it all up!



Much better!

See you next time!